The very first, and easiest, of the homemade gifts that I tackled was the crochet dishcloths. There are literally gazillions (is that a number?) of free patterns out there on the internet, and I think I tried about 10 of them before I finally settled into a very simple Double Crochet dishcloth pattern. You can get fancy, but for something that is going to scrub your dishes everyday I really prefer practical and durable.
- 100% cotton worsted weight yarn
- 5.0 mm crochet hook
- needle to sew ends in
- dc-double crochet
- sc-single crochet
- Chain 28
- 1 dc into third chain from hook, 1 dc into each ch to end (26dc). Turn
- Ch2, 1 dc into each dc till end (26dc). Turn
- Repeat step 3 (1dc into each dc), 14 more times. (15 row of dc in total)
- rotate clockwise On what was previously the left side 25 sc. At the corner 3 sc in same chain. Rotate clockwise and continue the same pattern (25 sc and 3 sc in same chain) until you finish all four sides.
- Fasten off, sew in ends.