I was challenged by a fellow blogger to post one recipe a week. So here goes….
- 2-14.5 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth, or wine
- 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- In a food processor, or blender, place the crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, and oregano. Process until smooth. (I usually skip this step because I prefer a chunkier sauce.)
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and cook, covered, over low heat for 4-6 hours, stirring occasinally. If you are in a hurry you can cook it on medium heat for 2 hours stirring every 10 minutes.
- If you are in a hurry you can cook it on medium heat for 2 hours stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- This can also be cooked in a crock pot over low heat for 6-8 hours (no stirring).
- For a very simple spaghetti add cooked italian sausage and vegetables of choice to the saucepan 1 hour prior to serving.
- This sauce freezes well.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 4-6 Hours