This works best with fresh green beans, but will work out okay with frozen ones as well.
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
1 lb. fresh green beans
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
1.Steam green beans until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add salt & pepper.
3. Toss with the green beans. Sprinkle Parmesan on top, and serve.
This is a breakfast staple for us when we are following the Atkins lifestyle, but it’s easy, and good even for people who don’t eat low carb. These quiches are crustless, and I make them in a muffin tin, so they are simple to pop into the microwave and heat up one or two at a time.
6 large eggs
2 cups shredded colby, or sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic
12-16 oz. frozen spinach
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1. Preheat over the 375°. Grease your muffin tins.
2. In a large skillet saute the mushrooms with the butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add spinach and cook on medium-high heat to evaporate excess moisture for 10-15 minutes. Add seasonings.
3. In a bowl scramble eggs and mix in cheese. Add spinach mixture and mix well. Put 1/4 cup scoops into your muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes.